Town of Pomfret

Liquor Control


All First, Second Class Liquor & Outside Consumption Licensees Expire on April 30, 2018, renewal paperwork will be sent out in January 2018.

When renewing your 2018 liquor licenses, please be aware of the following:

1. Pay special attention to the area requesting last enforcement seminar attended. Licensees must attend such a seminar once every two years. If you will be scheduling attendance at a seminar, make that notation on your liquor application and submit the application right away.

2. Any other changes in your licenses such as new directors or stockholders, etc. must also be indicated as soon as possible so that the liquor investigator can be made aware of this and act upon the changes.

3. If there has been a change to your Outside Consumption Permit, you must file a new application. Forms are available in the Town Clerk’s Office.

4. Note the fees on the upper right corner of the application, payable in 2 checks. Liquor license fees are not refundable.


 When applying for any Special Event or Catering liquor licenses during 2018, please be aware of the following points:

1. All applications need to be to the Town Clerks office to be approved by the Selectboard prior to being submitted to the Vermont Department of Liquor Control (DLC).

2.The Selectboard meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month.

3. Applications must be turned into the Town Clerk's office with payment to the DLC no later than noon of the Wednesday before the Selectboard meeting.

4. Once the Town Clerk has signed a Selectboard approved application, the application then has to be mailed to and received by the DLC within 5 business days prior to the event.

We are happy to work with you as far as what you have on your calendars for the upcoming year. We have found that the best rule is the earlier the better in terms of submitting catering permits to the Town.