- Selectboard - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- Planning Commission - 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- General Election - Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at the Pomfret Town Offices.
Welcome to the new website: It's a work in progress. Please bear with us until things settle a bit!
- Agenda for 9/3/14 Selectboard Meeting
- Call to order
- Public Comment
- Road Foreman's Report (approve contractor for Pomfret culvert)
- Unfinished Business (Antenna/repeater)
- Other Business
- Review minutes of prior meetings
- Public Comment
Dog Licenses: All dogs and wolf-hybrids, 6 months of age or older, must be licensed with the Town Clerk each year on or before April 1st. A current rabies certificate is needed for each animal. Starting April 1, 2014 the Constable for the Town of Pomfret can issue tickets of $100.00 for each unlicensed dog. The rates for licenses after April 1st are $10 for neutered/spayed dogs, $16 for unaltered dogs.
Dump Coupons: Effective July 1, 2014 the price of dump coupons will be increasing to $42.00 per 10-punch card. The price for the permit stickers will remain the same ($20). 2014-15 Permit stickers are now available for purchase at the Town Office during regular business hours (MWF 8:30-2:30).
Invasive Plants: From The Pomfret Invasive Species Committee - be on the lookout for Wild Chervil and Wild Parsnip, and don't touch it with your bare hands! Also, if you have Japanese Knotweed on your land, be advised that mowing it will cause it to spread even further. Landowners may spray weed killer to remove it, but the Town can not spray and will not mow the plants. NOTE - if you are pulling up the plants, please do not throw them in the road to die. Dispose of them in a trash bag. Thank you!
- 7/25/2014: The American Red Cross has an urgent need for blood donors. NOTICE
- 8/27/2014: Results from the 2014 Primary Election by Party
- 8/27/2014: Barber Hill Road will be closed to thru-traffic starting September 1, 2014 through November 30, 2014 for replacement of the culvert under the road between 392 and 659 Barber Hill Road. Please contact Art Lewin at the Town Garage (457-2767) with any questions.