- Selectboard - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- Planning Commission - 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- School Board - 1st Monday of each month at 6:00pm at the Prosper Valley School Library
- Library Trustees - 3rd Monday of each month at the Abbott Memorial Library *NO JULY MEETING*
Special Meetings & Events
- Upcoming GUVSWD Collection Events click here
Pomfret Road: paving between Johnson Road and Bartlett Brook Road will begin on Tuesday July 26th at 7:00am. The road will remain open, but delays should be expected. Paving should be completed by the end of the week.
Selectboard Vacancy: Please contact us if you are interested
Pomfret Town Plan Draft - June 30, 2016 -
Note: Some you may have had problems opening this document. In theory, it's been repaired, so please try again.
NOTICE: A reminder that it is illegal to burn brush or have any outdoor fires without first being issued a burn permit from the Fire Warden, Frank Perron. Permits are only issued by the Fire Warden and only under favorable burning conditions. Please contact Frank at 457-3402 or Deputy Fred Doten at 457-1345 before attempting any outdoor burns. Verbal permission must be given - leaving a message at their residences is not sufficient for a permit!
Dog Licenses: All dogs and wolf-hybrids, 6 months of age and older, must be licensed with the Town Clerk each year on or before April 1st. A current rabies certificate is needed for each animal. The rates for licenses before April 1st are $10 for neutered/spayed dogs, $14 for unaltered dogs. After April 1st the fees increase to $12 for neutered/spayed dogs, $18 for unaltered dogs. The license form may be downloaded here and mailed in to the Town Clerk's office with payment and a copy of the up-to-date rabies certificate. 2016 License Form
Dump Coupons are available for $43.00 per 10-punch card. The price for the permit stickers is $20 for the first vehicle, and $14 for each additional vehicle per household. 2016-17 Permit stickers are available for purchase at the Town Office during regular business hours (MWF 8:30-2:30) and are valid through June 30, 2017. The price of the dump coupons increased on July 1, 2016 to $43.00 per 10-punch card.
Zoning and ZBA Notices and Decisions, 2016:
- Chippers Inc. 5-19-2016
- Teago Grange Hall/Purple Crayon Productions June 22, 2016
- Suicide Six Ski Area (Woodstock Resort Corp.) July 1, 2016
If you would like to subscribe to the Pomfret email listserv (not an entity of the Town of Pomfret), follow this link for instructions: http://lists.vitalcommunities.org/lists/info/pomfret
Pomfret in the news:
- Article about Daphne Pike Gratiot - Valley News Monday March 21, 2016