- Selectboard - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- Planning Commission - 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- School Board - 1st Monday of each month at 6:00pm at the Prosper Valley School Library
- Library Trustees - 3rd Monday of each month at the Abbott Memorial Library AGENDA
- Town Meeting Day - Tuesday March 1, 2016 at 9:00am WARNING; School Meeting at 1:00pm WARNING
- Presidential Primary Election - Tuesday March 1, 2016 at the Town Offices - Voting open from 8:00am - 7:00pm. You must be a registered voter in the Town of Pomfret to participate - the deadline for addition to the checklist for this election is Wednesday February 24th. WARNING DEM BALLOT REP BALLOT
Visit Our New Purchasing Page
- Road Crew Worker, Full Time Job Description
Dog Licenses: All dogs and wolf-hybrids, 6 months of age or older, must be licensed with the Town Clerk each year on or before April 1st. A current rabies certificate is needed for each animal. The rates for licenses before April 1st are $10 for neutered/spayed dogs, $16 for unaltered dogs. After April 1st the fees increase to $12 for neutered/spayed dogs, $18 for unaltered dogs. The license form may be downloaded here and mailed in to the Town Clerk's office with payment and a copy of the rabies certificate.
2016 License Form
Dump Coupons are available for $42.00 per 10-punch card. The price for the permit stickers is $20 for the first vehicle, and $14 for each additional vehicle per household. 2015-16 Permit stickers are available for purchase at the Town Office during regular business hours (MWF 8:30-2:30) and are valid through June 30, 2016.
Treasurer's Report: 12/31/2015 and Budget Status Report
- Abbott Memorial Library's Annual Valentine Party - Tuesday February 9 from 3-5pm. Craft supplies for make-your-own valentines, and refreshments, will be provided. Any questions, please call the Library at 457-2236 or email email@example.com.
- Pre-K Registration: Starting September 2016, The Prosper Valley School (formerly Pomfret School) will offer a pre-Kindergarten program for 3- and 4-year-old children. To help in planning, the supervisory union currently is collecting pre-registration information. Please contact Sarah Walker ASAP at 457-1234 if you plan to register a pre-schooler next Fall.
If you would like to subscribe to the Pomfret email listserv (not an entity of the Town of Pomfret), follow this link for instructions: http://lists.vitalcommunities.org/lists/info/pomfret