- Selectboard - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- Planning Commission - 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices AGENDA - APRIL
- Auditors - generally meet the 2nd Monday of each month at 9:00am at the Town Offices
- Abbott Memorial Library Trustees - 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00 pm at the Library *NOTE - May's meeting will be held on Tuesday May 19th at 7:00pm at the Library
URGENT NOTICE: Pomfret Residents be advised that the entire county is under a Red Flag Warning for wildfires with dry, windy conditions. A reminder that it is illegal to burn brush or have any outdoor fires without first being issued a burn permit from the Fire Warden Frank Perron. Permits are only issued by the Fire Warden and only under favorable burning conditions. Please contact Frank at 457-3402 before attempting any outdoor burns.
Chief Kevin Rice
Pomfret-Teago Fire Dept
The following roads are closed until further notice (at least through the end of mud season):
- Johnson Road between #213 - #844
- Old Kings Highway between #882 - #1435
- Wild Apple Road between #2395 - Webster Hill Road
The Town of Pomfret has open positions for Listers.
Road posting: Pomfret's roads are posted from March 1st through May 15th. NOTICE
The 2014 Pomfret Annual Report is available for download here. Printed copies are available for pickup in the office during regular business hours.
Dog Licenses: All dogs and wolf-hybrids, 6 months of age or older, must be licensed with the Town Clerk each year on or before April 1st. A current rabies certificate is needed for each animal. The rates for licenses before April 1st are $8 for neutered/spayed dogs and $12 for unaltered dogs, and after April 1st the cost is $10 for neutered/spayed dogs, $16 for unaltered dogs. The license form may be downloaded here and mailed in to the Town Clerk's office with payment and a copy of the rabies certificate. 2015 License Form
Dump Coupons are available for $42.00 per 10-punch card. The price for the permit stickers is $20 for the first vehicle, and $14 for each additional vehicle per household. 2014-15 Permit stickers are available for purchase at the Town Office during regular business hours (MWF 8:30-2:30) and are valid through June 30, 2015.
Kindergarten registration information is here!
On Sunday April 26th, from 4-5 p.m., at the Abbott Memorial Library, Betsy Rhodes will help us learn to identify and remove invasive plants. This free event will help us improve our properties and countryside. Light refreshments and good company guaranteed. INFO
If you would like to subscribe to the Pomfret email listserv (not an entity of the Town of Pomfret), follow this link for instructions: http://lists.valley.net/lists/info/pomfret