- Selectboard - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- Planning Commission - 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- School Board - 1st Monday of each month at 6:00pm at the Prosper Valley School Library
- Library Trustees - 3rd Monday of each month at the Abbott Memorial Library *NOTE - November's meeting will be held on the 2nd Monday, the 14th.
Special Meetings & Events
- Budget Meetings - Tues Oct 23 at 6:30pm (Highway); Tues Nov 1 at 6:30pm (Admin - Clerk, Treasurer, Listers, Auditors); Wed Nov 9 at 6:30pm (Library, Cemetery, Fire Department). All budget meetings will be held at the Town Offices.
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting - Wednesday October 26th at 5:00pm at the Town Offices
Absentee Ballots and Early Voting are now available at the Town Offices. Please contact Becky during regular business hours (MWF 8:30-2:30) to inquire about getting a ballot. If you are not yet on the Pomfret voter checklist and would like to be, please visit the Vermont Secretary of State's website or pick up an application in the Town Offices. ELECTION WARNING SAMPLE BALLOT VOTER CHECKLIST
Road Crew Position: The Town of Pomfret is seeking qualified applicants for a full time road crew employee position. Please click here for further details.
Tax Due Dates:
FY 2017 (July 2016 - June 2017)
1st installment: Friday August 19, 2016 by 2:30pm
2nd installment: Friday February 10, 2017 by 2:30pm
Interest on overdue taxes will be charged at 1% per month. All delinquent taxes will be subject to an 8% penalty after February 11, 2017 in accordance with Vermont Statutes (32 V.S.A. § 1674).
Treasurer's Quarterly Report - 2016-17 1st Quarter:
Dog Licenses: All dogs and wolf-hybrids, 6 months of age and older, must be licensed with the Town Clerk each year on or before April 1st. A current rabies certificate is needed for each animal. The rates for licenses before April 1st are $10 for neutered/spayed dogs, $14 for unaltered dogs. After April 1st the fees increase to $12 for neutered/spayed dogs, $18 for unaltered dogs. The license form may be downloaded here and mailed in to the Town Clerk's office with payment and a copy of the up-to-date rabies certificate. 2016 License Form
Dump Coupons are available for $43.00 per 10-punch card. The price for the permit stickers is $20 for the first vehicle, and $14 for each additional vehicle per household. 2016-17 Permit stickers are available for purchase at the Town Office during regular business hours (MWF 8:30-2:30) and are valid through June 30, 2017. The price of the dump coupons increased on July 1, 2016 to $43.00 per 10-punch card.
Zoning and ZBA Notices and Decisions, 2016:
- Chippers Inc. 5-19-2016
- Teago Grange Hall/Purple Crayon Productions June 22, 2016
- Suicide Six Ski Area (Woodstock Resort Corp.) July 1, 2016
If you would like to subscribe to the Pomfret email listserv (not an entity of the Town of Pomfret), follow this link for instructions: http://lists.vitalcommunities.org/lists/info/pomfret
- Battery collection locations, sponsored by GUVSWD info
Pomfret in the news: